21 August 2013

At the seaside

And back to crafting!

This is a birthday card for my friend Jo.


The card is a lovely speckled cream which I think is from my paper mill stash.

The background images are stamped in memento london fog ink using a lovely set from inkylicious.  I have stamped, cut out and added 3D foam to the shells for some extra dimension.

The beach scene is a Michael Powell stamp from DOCrafts.  I've coloured this using pan pastels for the sky, sea and sand which I haven't really used before (funnily enough the idea for this card wasn't how it panned out at all!).  I've also used copics for the beach huts.

Many thanks to Tracy who very kindly let me borrow her Stampin' up sentiment from the label love set as I 'tidied' mine at the weekend and it is currently residing in a safe place!!  I've punched it out using the matching punch (which I do have to hand) and punched another one to layer behind for contrast and to match the layering on the main image.

3 comments:

  1. I love those Michael Powell stamps but discovered some of them are a bit of a hassle to colour!! Love the background to this super beach scene. Hope you find your stamp which has been tidied away 'safely'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card JIll these stamps are so different...love your colouring and your beach background..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jill. Love Michael Powell stsmps and they look brilliant coloured in Pan Pastels. Your friend is going to love u=it.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete