21 May 2011

Tatty Teddy

Managed to fit an Anniversary card in between all the Winnie the Pooh quilling recently.

This is a new Tatty Teddy stamp that happened to come in to my possession. Much nicer to stamp than to cross stitch (never again!).

I coloured him in copics, punched out and mounted on a shape punched out of some lovely silver sparkly card from Anna Marie Designs.

The card itself is also pearly and from Anna Marie. The corners of the card are decorated using an SU punch in both colours of pearl card, with a card candi on (now with spots, how fab).

Finished with a greeting and several little punched hearts.

15 May 2011

Winnie the Pooh

And for this weeks commission!
A lady that visited a demo I did last year took my details and recently asked if I could quill a Winnie the Pooh for her friends birthday.

This is done by choosing an outline picture and putting it on a cork board covered with some cling film. It is then a case of quilling shapes and literally 'colouring' in with them and glueing them together as I go. For this I also used some thick black paper strips for outlining to give him a good definition.

I estimated it would take about 6 hours, it took nearer 10 and used just over 400 quilled pieces in yellow and red!

To finish I mounted Pooh on some matching colours of card and added a greeting as requested - Pooh also came with a little butterfly.

Now to try and refine some things to quill for next weeks workshop, I don't think cards that take 10 hours will go down well!

12 May 2011


Today's offering was another quick card for a Meerkat fan and I bought a sheet of Hunkydory die cut pictures that made me smile recently.

The image is mounted on some sparkly card, then gold and red to match the image. More fab card candy in the corners, then an SU punch used for the 'frame' corners on the card to match in with the colours.

Quite an effective quick card and now back to my commission!

9 May 2011


Hooray - I made a card!
This is Warren, a very cute looking chap I liberated from Craftwork Cards.

I stamped him using a Momento ink called London Fog, then coloured in using Copics. I used some glossy accents on the flowers and butterflies too.

I punched out the image and mounted on to a Nellie's die using some very nice green sparkly card I luckily bought lots of whilst we still had the Paper Mill.

This was mounted on a strip of matching card, white card then a piece of patterned paper from the stash to tie together. 4 card candy pieces in the corner which were coloured in the same copic green as the leaves and finished with a couple of SU punches and peel off greeting.

Still a little slow on blogging as got a commission on this week but will post that when complete too.

4 May 2011


Still not been very crafty but took this picture after my last demo of a selection of flowers 'quilled' using the Cuttlebug and X-Cut dies.

It is obviously cheating but sometimes a bit of that is ok. The dies cut out various sizes and shapes of petals which you then coil up like a traditional fringed flower (there is also a fringing die which seemed to be quite popular).

I think the daisy is a favourite, the more pointed petals weren't as easy to handle but if they appeal to people and it introduces them to quilling then it can't be too bad.