My latest commission was a request for a writing set for someones family who likes to write letters - I obviously said yes before I'd thought it through!
After some trials I ended up with a wallet that could fit A5 paper, which was part of the request, and could be made from one sheet of A3 card.
There are one or two tweeks I would make if I made another from scratch like this but it fulfils the brief.
Sorry the pic is a little wonky.
After much testing I decided to use the Stampin' Up Baby Blossoms stamp set which I haven't used for a while and really love. I was going to use shades of pink but didn't have enough contrast in my inks so stuck with my favourite lilac/purple combo. The front, back and lip of the wallet are layered with card and topped with a stamped piece.
The blossoms are two-step stamping so I had much playing with stamp-a-ma-jig. These are then interspersed with leaves from the set.
There are 20 pieces of paper in the wallet, with 20 envelopes.
I used a scalloped oval punch to take a section from the wallet so you can reach in for the paper and envelopes.
Each piece of paper is sponged round the edge with lilac ink. I have then stamped an oval at the top of the page and added the stalks & blossoms from the set to every page.
The envelopes are decorated once on the front and once on the back with just the blossoms.
The wallet closes using velcro and I've finished it my using a couple of Nellie's dies in the matching card, topped with another blossom that is cut out using the SU scalloped oval punch.
I have just remembered I was going to add a pen with matching paper in the barrel so I must sort that out!