16 June 2013

Box Cards pt2

What a lovely (if exhausting!) weekend.

A visit to the gorgeous garden of Sue from Crafty Bunch yesterday which was open as part of the national gardens scheme where we met a few people we knew and had to partake in tea and cake obviously.  Then an evening do for some friends that recently got married in Scotland.

A rather late night followed by far too early a morning to head to the Sincerely Yours show in Taunton where we had another lovely day catching up with crafty friends and stallholders I've got to know over the years.  Saw many local friends and was great to bump into Shirley from Nannieflash blog again and be able to introduce her 'in person' to Anne from Stamps and Paper who has been following her blog for a very long time.

Anyway, a penultimate box card post (I'm off for an early night).

I thought I'd make a male version of the box card.  Typically this turned out differently to what was in my head when I started, partially because of papers etc I found whilst trying to find other things!

Under the Happy Birthday on the front I've added a little card hinge attached with velcro for a more manly element than ribbon.

The paper on the front is from an Anna Marie pack and I have 3D'd quite a few of the footballs.
The inside has some paper from a Papermania pack and the decoupage footballer is from the same range.

Sentiment is SU from the punch bunch set and punched out with a scallop square.

SU punches also used for the borders on the box inside the card.





















The other card I made in this size (nearly A5) is rather more girly. 

Card from my stash, the flower/sentiment stamp is from SU punch bunch again and the flowers are from the Mixed Bunch set.  I've punched out the flowers with a plain one for backing and a green version cut up is used for the leaves.






Same flowers in different colour combos inside and a punch around the page border punch used for the box.

Back for a final post on these samples tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. These were great Jill and even lovelier in the flesh.
    Yes it was a good day at Taunton and nice to meet Shirley in person

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed these when they were posted - love the idea of a masculine version and the flower one is pretty. Pleased you had a good day at the show and guess a few things flew into your basket!!

    ReplyDelete