25 May 2010

Sunflowers

Well, what a strange week! Apologies for lack of posting I have been busy but also a bit dazed as I agreed to move to a new job last Thursday and moved today - it still all seems a bit sudden and weird!

Anyway, I did manage to make this cheery card the other day. It is using the new papermania 'build a sunflower' stamp set. Each set of petals are stamped a couple of times so it builds up a nice flower. The check paper is from a previous papermania set.

Added some anitas gems in the cut out corners for a bit of sparkle too. The ribbon came with the paper in a goody bag, along with the buttons which I've tied a little bit of co-ordinating thread through. The yellow card used for layering is from my stash.

Will be back with blogging more regularly now hopefully. Had this evening off as a treat after an emotional and stressful week and drank red wine and ate chocs - it's been great!

For any Crafty Bunchers also reading this I am doing my bit by buying Mr Kipling apple pies (8 for the price of 6 - £1.25) this week in Morrisons! I look forward to however we are going to use the foil trays!

3 comments:

  1. Well you've beaten me in using this stamp - I bought it but just not yet had a minute to stamp, colour and cut them out. I may stamp some today and then they can be coloured this evening - with perhaps a glass of wine!! Good luck with your new job. I will be watching to see what the foil trays are for - I reckon it is an excuse to eat apple pies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cheerful card Jill. Sorry that your week has been so stressful but hope you settle into your new job soon. Absolutely delighted that you are doing your bit by eating all the Mr Kipling pies............... hope you'll love what we are going to do with the foil trays!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we have to do for crafting!!

    ReplyDelete