31 March 2010

Quilled flowers

Hooray - a touch more quilling!

I made a smaller sample of this card at the last quilling evening I went to. This card was made for a crafty friend at work who is retiring this week - hi Marsha if you are reading this!

The petals are marquise shapes (made with my fab new tool), with some folded loops for a centre. The large leafs are wheatears formed using the 'prongs' on an onion holder with a standard leaf shape to finish.
The stems are strips stuck on their side.

Peel off greeting added and a touch of card candy to tie the colours in with a bit of sparkle.

I have quilled a pile of butterflies and flowers this week I hope to add to some cards this weekend and will make more of this card in different colours (really must use less purple) for my demo. Roll on a long weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilling as always - I will be interested in seeing your special quilling tool when we meet up

    ReplyDelete