8 June 2010

Chrysanthemum


I had to have a treat (again!). This is one of the new Cuttlebug Quilling Embossing sets. I don't actually have a Cuttlebug although I can borrow one but these plates actually go through my Impress Die Cut machine so very pleased - even more so when you work out you need the new extra long embossing plates for the CB which are at least £20 a set (x3 for A, B & C plates!!).

Anyway, it's kind of cheating but not to worry.
One of these plates cuts strips (about 4mm), one cuts 2 strips of fringed paper, 1 cuts just 1 strip of wider fringing and then the 4th cuts some very nice leaves, some with fringed edges.

There are 2 other sets that cut shaped strips that roll up in to a daisy or rose - bit pricey to buy everything to start with though. I might now be doing a lot of cards with fringed flowers on!






Had to try a quick sample - will add to a card sometime but meant to be doing other things this evening - just couldn't leave it sat there!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - is this something else that I NEED??? I'm all for a bit of cheating now and again and I never did buy that expensive fringeing gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe now is your chance then! Having said that these are around £25 -30 a set. I got mine from Cutting Edge Crafts. If you have the impress machine long plates you are ok - it's if you need the long cuttlebug plates it gets a bit mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jill - it's the first time I've seen these. Bet they will be a godsend to you. Love what you've made with them and look forward to seeing it on a card.

    BTW - love your new look blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower you made, I know someone who has the fringeing machine but have never seen it in use, and expensive I hear. Looking forward to seeing more of your fringed flowers.

    ReplyDelete