8 May 2015

Ring coil flowers

Hooray for some more quilling.
I have done a bit of secret quilling recently but I can share these cards which I made for the ladies at the Woolavington Friday group.

We decided to have a go at ring coils.  They are made from just winding a strip of paper round a dowel, quilling tool or pencil to create a circle, then shaped to suit if required.


I made this card using a couple of different sized dowels to wind the strips round.

The centres of the flowers are 2mm tight coils.



Then I made this card and couldn't decide whether to add leaves or not - indecision and timescales led me to leave it as is.  

I just used 1/4 strips for each of these petals but used a variety of tools from my quilling case to get different sized flowers.

The die cut pot is from a Joanna Sheen set.


This was another quick sample but adding some fringed flowers and leaves made from a standard coil to show the different options.

The ladies enjoyed it and I'm now working on next months project!

2 comments:

  1. All your quilling look gorgeous, I really must come for a class sometime and master it.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete