And for today's experiment a card we were shown at Newbury by Julie and I have noticed the technique appearing on quite a few blogs recently.
The dimensions I came across for it used a strange size card and as I wanted to keep to C6 I made up some for now. It needs a little perfecting but I'm quite pleased with my first attempt.
I chose blue as I need to take a card featuring 'blues' to Crafty Bunch next week and have limited time to make too many but had to have a play!
All the layers of card are cut out and then the blue mats are removed, a little adhesive is added to the middle of each of the 3 cream layers just to keep them stacked (and the oval sentiment). I used a stamp from the SU Vintage Vogue set and stamped across all the layers with Tempting Turquoise ink. I then used a Craftwork Cards butterfly stamp and stamped this over the layers using Pacific Point ink.
Then I stuck the top 2 layers together and, for once, remembered to add some ribbon before sticking the last mat down. This almost co-ordinating ribbon ended up in my stash from a wedding favour I think!
A bit of playing required with sizes to perfect it and all the different stamp options but one I will be trying again.