17 March 2013

Snow!

Well, what an unexpected start to today!

When I peeked out of the window this morning the rain had a touch of sleet to it.  Half an hour later it was very much heavy snow and we were all sat in the lovely Milton Hill House Hotel near Abingdon pondering journeys home later in the day.

I have to say the grounds did look lovely and eventually it did stop snowing, this picture was taken only after an hour though.
I had to clear a couple of inches of snow off the car before departing and the fields nearby looked lovely but literally 10 miles down the road the fields were green again.
Stonehenge had a light dusting on the way back down the A303 but we seemed to be right on the edge of this mornings downpour.

Met some lovely ladies at the Copicific retreat and learnt some new techniques to add to the ever-growing list of things I need to try.

I do have a day off tomorrow for a kind of rest but got a list of cards to make - still beats working for one more day.
Jill

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing what crazy weather we're having......couldn't believe it when Anne said they'd had snow in Coker.....we didn't see anything! Your Copicific (not easy to say!) sunds great - glad you got home safely. Looking forward to see samples of what you learned......

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was a bit of a surprise to wake up to snow...you sound like you had a great weeked..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if you will have had a good weekend despite the snow. We had some first thing which settled but luckily didn't hang around for too long. Look forward to seeing what you've learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill I reconize that photo and scene, wasnt it cold and wet. I bet your like me and glad to be home again, Ive got one of your friends who gave me your blog link Anne of Stamps and Paper, shes a regular on my No.2 blog.
    I did enjoy my weekend and it was lovely to meet you and the rest of the girls, hopefully I might get to meet you again but all a question of time and money. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete